TOP 5 MYTHS ABOUT KIDS RAISED IN ATTACHMENT PARENTING
- They are spoiled, whiny, clingy and bratty.
- They never learn to put themselves to sleep and will never establish healthy sleep patterns.
- They will never learn to handle and function in the 'real' world.
- They won't walk when they should because you are always wearing them in a sling.
- They'll never talk if you keep sticking your breast in their mouth!
TOP 5 MYTHS ABOUT ATTACHMENT PARENTS
- We have no life outside of our kids.
- We parent this way to satisfy a selfish need to heal our own childhood wounds.
- We don't care about our marriages and have emasculated husbands who are sexually unsatisfied.
- We are uneducated about health, medicine, and child development.
- We are self-righteous, judgmental, and think everyone should be like us.
TOP 10 QUESTION PEOPLE ASK ME ABOUT ATTACHMENT PARENTING
- Where do you and your husband have sex?
- Do you ever get any time "for you"?
- Didn't having a baby with no epidural hurt?
- Doesn't that sling bother your back?
- Aren't you worried what your breasts will look like after breastfeeding so long?
- Why don't you have a crib?
- You don't pick him up every time he cries, do you!?
- Aren't you bored at home with your kids?
- When will they get out of your bed?
- Toddlers don't need to breastfeed, do they? When is he going to stop!?
10 THINGS I TELL PEOPLE ABOUT ATTACHMENT PARENTING WHEN QUESTIONED ABOUT MY CHOICES
- It's working for us.
- I'll discuss that with our pediatrician. (Usually I don't have to!)
- I don't know. I'll give that some thought.
- Thanks for your opinion.
- We all want the best for our kids.
- I'm not perfect.
- I don't know how to parent your kid; I only know how to parent mine.
- Our kids are happy, well rested, and well-fed.
- What if our parents' generation was not 100% right about parenting?
- We all do the best we can with the resources, support, and education available to us.
Click Here to Return to the Homepage